Take10 with James Sweeney ('13)

A Q&A with special instructor in mathematics and Coker alumnus, James Sweeney ('13)

1. Hometown? Huntingtown, Maryland although if someone asks where I'm from I normally just say DC because it's easier.

2. Hobbies? Most of my free time is spent playing soccer for several teams. I also am in social leagues for bowling and kickball.

3. What's the best way to start the day? Cinnamon Rolls. It is obviously nicer if you wake up and someone else has cooked them already, but I'm happy no matter how I get them.

4. Top three places you want to visit? Dublin, the Grand Canyon, and LA.

5. What is something that your friends would consider "so you"? Probably turning down the music in the dorm room/house so we didn't get in trouble.

6. Favorite restaurant in Hartsville? When I went to Coker it was definitely Fuji's, but now I really like La Victoria.

7. What are you most thankful for? Having a supportive family

8. What is the last book you read? I am currently reading a book about Flipped Learning that I am thinking about using in my classes. But before that I read Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

9. What's your favorite TV show? I can never pick just one. Seinfeld was always the show that would be on in the house when I was younger so that is one of my favorites. I also enjoy The Office, Game of Thrones, and The Great British Bake Off.

10. What amazing thing did you do that no one was around to see? I use my feet to catch a lot of things that I drop. Normally when I'm cooking the dogs are the only ones that get to see me save something from hitting the floor.

Would you like to make Coker College part of your story?